8.19.2010

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

I needed something quick and easy to make to bring to my friend's tomorrow. We had some coconut on hand, so I looked for a cookie recipe using coconut. I'm so glad I found this one! It is delicious! The original recipe asked for regular coconut, and I had sweetened, so I adjusted the sugar. Plus, I don't like my cookies super sweet. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar (We used just over 1/2 cup)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
  • 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup flaked coconut (we used sweetened)

Directions

  1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and coconut extract; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.
  2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: Approx. 30 cookies

Recipe and photo from Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment