8.06.2012

Food Crawl 3

I know -I'm WAY behind on posting these.  Now that grad classes are done, hopefully I'll be able to start catching up.

On June 3rd, Adam and Leah joined us on Food Crawl 3 in Harvard Square....

Chatting..

 Pretending to chat

The first food of the afternoon came from Upstairs on the Square




Now brace yourself- the decor is....weird:
The walk upstairs...

 As odd as the place looked, the food was actually quite good. The bad part about posting this food crawl 2 months after we did it is that I kinda forgot what we ate. I'll do my best:


We got a few small things to share, one of which was this pizza.  It had caramelized onions, and other stuff (told you I forgot what we ate!  Leah/Adam/Dave- if any of you remember what these dishes are, please leave a comment!)


I was able to look this next one up- the Eggplant Melanzane- it was a wonderful dip with vegetables and garlic:

We were hoping to order some tater tot dish, but they had just run out.  From there, we headed over to Takemura

Adam was a little hesitant, because he had never had sushi before.  We were impressed that he tried the vegetable rolls AND a tuna roll!

Picture of a picture.  I think Adam has the picture of a picture of a picture of a picture.


Here's the spicy tuna roll and pumpkin roll that Dave and I split.  That pumpkin roll was strange, but awesome!

 And below is the asparagus tempural roll and cucumber roll that Adam and Leah shared:

We needed dessert, so we stopped by Burdick Chocolates:



 We each got a number while we waited for our order.  One group got a cool painted coconut, and one group gt an upside-down paper dixie cup.  Hardly seems fair....

 It's a sweet little cafe, with many delicious-sounding options.  Here's what we went for (with descriptions from the website):

 Mocha cake- Espresso soaked biscuit layered with a coffee butter cream, glazed with chocolate.

The Burdick- Layers of Japonaise biscuit and rum ganache

 Coconut Gugelhupf- A moist, marbled tea cake made with coconut milk and shredded coconut



 Goofing off after dessert:



 And I can't end this post without showing this last picture...the boys named the "man" you see below Chaaarles Saint Hah-vard, spoken in a hilarious psuedo-British accent

My favorite part is his bow tie!

1 comment:

  1. Why, that's Mr. Charles St. Harvard of course. INDUBITABLY!

    ReplyDelete