1.10.2014

Mashed Sweet Potatoes


 Ahhh...this is another one of those non-recipe recipes.  I kind of made it up as I went along (tasting and adding more of things along the way), so the measurements are not exact.  But you all are pretty smart- you can edit this however you'd like! (plus different sized potatoes will change things too)

I've had mashed sweet potatoes before, but everyone seems to want to make it like a dessert.  This does have sweetness, but potato flavor still rules.  I made this as a side the other night, and Dave fried up some fish.  A great meal!

Ingredients:
3 sweet potatoes
2 tbs butter
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tbs honey
1/2 tbs brown sugar
salt and pepper

Directions:
  1. Peel sweet potatoes, and slice into thin discs.
  2. Steam potatoes until nice and tender.  This took about 15 minutes.
  3. Melt butter in a pot and add cooked potatoes, cinnamon, honey, and brown sugar.
  4. Mash the potatoes. I used my trusty immersion blender!
  5. Season with salt and pepper (and more sweetener/cinnamon if needed)
I garnished with some sliced apple because we had one laying around :)




No comments:

Post a Comment