8.08.2014

Cinnamon Syrup


I don't often go to Starbucks, but when I do, I usually get a Cinnamon Dolce Latte.  The only problem is that it is SUPER sweet.  I learned (by speaking with my local barista) that a "tall" size uses 3 pumps of syrup.  I ordered 2 pumps, and it was still too sweet, so now I go with one pump. 

The only problem with one pump is that I lose out on some cinnamon flavor!  The other day I set out to make a syrup with a reaaaaaaaly strong cinnamon flavor.  I think I've succeeded!

Ingredients:
Just over 1 c water
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 tbs cinnamon


Directions:
  • Pour water into a small saucepan and add a cinnamon stick.  I used just over 1 cup because I was worried about losing some water while it boiled.

  • Heat to a boil, and allow it to boil until the water is infused with cinnamon- you'll be able to smell it!

  • Turn off the stove, and dump in your brown sugar...

  • ...and the white sugar.

  • Stir to combine, then bring back to a boil until all of the sugar is dissolved.

  • Turn off the heat, and add the powdered cinnamon.  Stir to combine

  • Allow to cool a bit, then transfer to a glass container- I used this cute blue jar that Dave bought for me! :)




I shake this up before using, in case the powdered cinnamon settles.  Other than using it for coffee, can you think of any more uses for this syrup?  If so, please leave a comment!

Ingredients:
Just over 1 c water
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 tbs cinnamon

Directions:
  1. Pour water into a small saucepan and add a cinnamon stick.
  2. Heat to a boil, and allow it to boil until the water is infused with cinnamon- you'll be able to smell it!
  3. Turn off the stove, and add the white and brown sugar.
  4. Stir to combine, then bring back to a boil until all of the sugar is dissolved.
  5. Turn off the heat, and add the powdered cinnamon.
  6. Stir to combine.
  7. Allow to cool a bit, then transfer to a glass container.

No comments:

Post a Comment