8.01.2014

6 Minute Egg


Yeah, "recipe" is in quotes because this is not much of a recipe at all...more of a technique.  I LOVE eggs when they are poached, or cooked over medium...anything that will get my my coveted "egg goo."  It's sometimes tough to get the eggs perfect, since I need the whites to be fully cooked.

Enter the 6 minute egg.

I watch a lot of chef and cooking shows, and I have heard about this egg.  The resulting yolks always have the magical egg goo consistency!!  Of course I had to give it a try.


  • Start with room temperature eggs.  These sat out on the counter for about 40 minutes.



  • Boil up some water in a pot.  If you are bored while you wait for your water to boil, watch Project Runway :)


  • When the water reaches a rolling boil, carefully place eggs into the pot.  



  • Set your timer for 6 minutes



  • After 6 minutes, promptly remove eggs and place in a water bath to cool.


That's it!


Ohhh...gotta love the egg goo.  I didn't have any bread in the apartment to make toast, so I put the egg on top of a toasted Eggo waffle.  Amazing meal!


1 comment:

  1. ohhhh, that egg "goo" on top of that waffle looks so heavenly right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete