7.06.2013

"The Best" Cole Slaw



Okay, I know this has become a "thing" now- I don't post for a super long time, then I put up one thing and apologize for my absence.  I honestly want to post more over here, but I'm always busy with school, work, my other blog, my crafts, etc.

I was able to cross something off of my recipe blog to-do list today....I made a new header and watermarks! Yay!!

Well, on to today's recipe.  For 4th of July we had "the friends" over (Adam, Leah, Matt, and Theresa) and made some good food. Included among the dishes was this cole slaw- I had tried a new recipe, and tweaked it according to what we had on hand.  I don't remember who it was, but someone had said to me "Jen....this is THE BEST cole slaw!!"  Hence the name :)

Ingredients:
1-2 14oz bags of cole slaw mix (of course you can use fresh cabbage and carrots instead)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons milk (we used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar (we used rice vinegar)
1 tablespoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons celery salt
freshly ground pepper

Directions:
  1. Whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, and pepper in a medium bowl
  2. Add mayonnaise mixture to the cole slaw mix to taste.  We ended up using 1 1/2 bags.  If you prefer more dressing on your cole slaw, you could probably get away with only one bag of cole slaw mix.  If you prefer dryer cole slaw, use both bags.
  3. Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning (add more salt, pepper, or sugar if desired)


Recipe adapted from Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment