7.25.2013

Super Easy Vanilla Bean "Ice Cream"


"Why the quotation marks?" you ask?  Well, technically this isn't ice cream.  Real ice cream requires eggs to make a custard base and whatnot.  This is a cheap (and easy) knockoff that's just as satisfying.

I had seen MANY "3 ingredient" ice creams floating around the web, so I kind of made up this recipe based on what I had learned through my research, and according to my taste.

Ingredients:
2 cups whole milk
1 cup half and half
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
vanilla bean, or vanilla bean paste- I used about 1 1/2 tablespoons (love that stuff!)

Directions:

  1. Whisk together milk and vanilla bean paste
  2. Add half and half, and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk.
  3. Chill the mixture (I stuck it in the fridge for about an hour)
  4. Add mixture to ice cream maker, and churn according the manufacturer's directions
Mine turned into soft-serve at about the 30 minute mark.  It was delicious, but a bit too soupy for me.  I threw it in the freezer, and about 2 hours later it was perfect!



Incredible as-is, but better with a pizzelle :)

Oh yea- and check out those flecks from the vanilla bean paste!! I told you that stuff was awesome:

"It's the beaniest!"


1 comment:

  1. Today I made another batch of this ice cream, and added 2 tablespoons bourbon. We plan to eat it with some chocolate-covered cocoa nibs....AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete