12.29.2010

Taco Soup


I know, I know...we already have a taco soup recipe. The one that was originally posted on the blog was good, but I think this new one might be better. Tough to tell though, without a side-by-side taste test.

The recipe below is nice and easy, and Dave and I make it all the time. We always halve it, and still have lots of leftovers for a few bonus meals. Hope you give it a try!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 medium sweet onion, diced
5 stalks celery, chopped
1 15oz can of tomato sauce
1 28oz can diced tomatoes, with juice
2 15oz cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 15oz cans corn, with juice
2 packs taco seasoning (2 oz) - Most recently, I used one pack of taco and one pack of chili seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
cheese, sour cream, and chips for serving

Directions:
1. Brown the beef, adding the diced onion near the end. Drain the grease.
2. In a large pot, combine cooked beef/onion with remaining ingredients. Let the mixture come to a boil and simmer on low for 1 hr, or longer. I know it's done when the celery is cooked to the texture I like, and flavors have come together.
3. I often add water if it cooks down too much, but it is tasty when really thick as well. Also, sometimes I feel like it needs a bit more chili powder- just add the seasoning to taste.
4. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.

I think I'll use our new Le Crueset that Mom and Dad S. gave us for Christmas next time we make it!


(mmm....cheesy)

Recipe from Elle's Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment