10.27.2013

Brown Sugar & Cinnamon Cookies


I have been wanting to try at least one new recipe a week, so on a whim this past Thursday I whipped up a batch of cookies.  It's a good thing the recipe only calls for one egg- that's all I had!

These came out with a slight crispy outside, but a delightfully chewy inside.  I wish I had a picture of it, but when I make cookies and have some dough left over (yet not enough for a whole new pan), I make a "super cookie" for Dave and I to split.  Basically I put all of the dough together, flatten it out on the pan, and load it up with toppings.  For this one, I added mini chocolate chips and some flaked sea salt- it was an amazing variation on the recipe!

Ingredients:
2 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
170 g (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature (I only had salted, so I used that and reduced the amount of salt in the recipe to only a small pinch)
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line baking sheets with parchment paper. 
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside. 
  3. Beat butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and beat well. 
  4. Add flour mixture and beat until well incorporated, scraping sides of bowl as you go. 
  5. Use a cookie scoop to drop large tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. 
  6. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until edges are browned. Cook on wire rack.

Recipe from A Spoonful of Sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment