11.19.2011

Kahlua Chocolate Mousse


I have to admit- I haven't made this yet. But it looks soooo good. I'm hoping to make it for Thanksgiving. If it's good, I'll keep the recipe on the blog. If it's bad, I'll delete this post!

Ingredients:
1 lb dark chocolate, cut into pieces
3 oz butter, cut into pieces
1/2 c sifted powdered sugar
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
1/4 c Kahlua
1 tsp coffee powder
2 c whipping cream

Directions:
1. Melt the chocolate and butter on top of a double boiler set over simmering water.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, yolks, Kahlua, and coffee.
3. Blend chocolate mixture into this.
4. In another bowl, whip cream until stiff.
5. Gently fold into chocolate mixture and blend well.
6. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
7. Fold into chocolate cream
8. Refrigerate overnight.


Recipe and Photo from Sweet Paul Magazine (winter 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment